Amy Sara Clark
Amy Sara Clark
Dec. 2010-August 2013
- Ran a hyper-local news website covering Prospect Heights, Brooklyn
- Wrote two-to-four stories a day on a wide-range of topics including culture, arts, government, development, breaking news, new businesses and politics
- Took photos and shot and edited videos
- Cultivated a robust social media following
The Jersey Journal,
Dec. 2007-Dec. 2010
- Covered Hoboken and then Jersey City with a focus on politics
- Posted several times a day for the paper's blog and live blogged city council meetings
- Took photographs for online and print use
News Producer, CBSNews.com,
Feb. 2006 – Dec. 2007
- Oversaw site during evening hours including all story placement decisions and handling of breaking news
- Edited AP stories, incorporating CBS News content and adding HTML
- Rewrote CBS News scripts, chose photos, wrote headlines, summaries and captions
- Wrote stories on national politics and other topics as time allowed
Reporter, The Journal News,
June 2004 – Feb 2006
- Wrote features for a daily newspaper covering Westchester, Putnam and Rockland
- Topics included trends, parenting, food, health, new businesses and nonprofits
- Wrote a front-page, three-day series on developmentally disabled young adults
- Hired after serving as an intern (June-August 2004) and freelancer (Sept.-Dec. 2004)
Copy Editor, New York Jewish Week,
Sept. 2002 – Jan. 2005
Copy- and line-edited stories part-time for the largest Jewish newspaper in the United States
- Wrote articles on a freelance basis
Reporter, New Jersey Jewish Standard,
Oct. 2002 – August 2003
- Wrote hard news and features three days a week for a weekly paper covering Bergen County
Intern, Jewish Telegraphic Agency,
- Wrote articles at a global wire service with over 100 client papers
- Promoted to editorial assistant after a four-month internship
- Edited the daily news Web site and copy-edited wire stories
- Wrote stories focusing on the ongoing impact of Sept. 11
Additional Internships and Freelance
WNYC (July 2001), Michigan Radio (2000-2001), MSNBC.com (2004 election), Knight Ridder (2004 RNC), Natural History (August 2000)
- NJPA First-Place Breaking News Award
– a group award for a series on a sweep of corruption arrests in July of 2009, New Jersey Press Association, 2009.
- NJPA Second-Place Breaking News Award
– a group award for a series on the shooting of five Jersey City police officers in July 2009, New Jersey Press Association, 2009.
- NJPA Second-Place Responsible Journalism Award
– a group award for a series on a Hoboken scandal that led to the ouster of two police officials, N.J. Press Association, 2008.
- NJPA First-Place Rookie Reporter Award
– New Jersey Press Association, 2002.
Journal News Mighty Pen Awards
won three internal awards at The Journal News, 2005.
, Oct. 2005, Columbia University, New York, N.Y.
M.A., European History
, Feb. 2002, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan
M.A., American History,
Dec. 1995, Wayne State University, Detroit, Michigan
August 1991, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan
Share to Twitter
Share to Facebook
Share to Pinterest
New comments are not allowed.